Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life well lived

If you've noticed I have been absent for a few days, sorry about that.  Life got in the way of my blogging.  We've had lots to do with mall scavenger hunts, bargain hunts and, ugh, yardwork. 

The girls are the life of the party

The peace sign-tie dye cake that embodies Maddie's style
Thanks Kelly!
Maddie's birthday party scavenger hunt was a huge success and the easiest party I have ever had.  Finally, a party I can enjoy, too.

Wearing hats and purple eyeshadow--what a sport
The kids had to really let loose and talk to people to get the most points. Thank goodness Maddie's partner, Brandon, isn't shy.

Clowning around with a salesperson named John-more points
Cole and Riley won the actual contest.  They did a great job.  Kelly and Lamyaa were a close second.

Maddie and Lamyaa-the hugging queens
















To say the least I was exhausted from the party, but the day doesn't end there for any mom. Nope it was off to Target to get my deals of the day. I spent $35 for $68 worth of foods.




Not all the healthiest-but most were. The Pop-Tarts are hidden for a special treat one day.

Coupon clipping does pay off.  Plus, I ended up getting two more coupons I used the next day for dinner.  Buy one-get one free Target pizzas.  Four pizzas for dinner cost $9.  That is my kind of luxury.

Sunday we had tons of rain, but were able to get some of the yard work done.  I just had to include one of my morning glory pics.  These babies have taken over my front porch railing.

The week is pretty much over now.  It has been fun and I am sure there will be more excitement on the way as we get ready for back to school.  Maddie has a 28 page placement test awaiting her, and Riley has her open house August 31.  Fall is fast approaching and I am not sure if I am happy about that or not.  Cooler weather does sound great, though. 

Other key dates fast approaching
School starts-Sept. 7
Kahle is due-Sept. 10
Kahle, Moses, Grayson and Garrison come to visit--Oct. 8ish
Maybe Grandma, too!!!
Trip to Belvedere Plantation and Sesame Street Place while they are here.
My fortieth birthday-Oct. 30
Halloween Oct. 31

Not to mention a family vacation in November, plus a holiday cookie exchange and Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Busy, busy, busy.  I love it!!



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! So did G, she kept trying to press play on them (she likes the girls movies from your last blog.. on Riley's she says "cool" & Mad's she say "uh-oh" because she falls..lol).

    The cake turned out great.. good job Kelly! Wish I could have been there. Most of all I am glad Maddie enjoyed her 12th bday!

    Love You Guys & Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete