Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wow...what a weekend.

Mom, I am sorry, but I failed at the everyday blog.  I missed Friday and Saturday.  To make up for this error I am giving you this present.
Hugh Jackman on the beach


Now, for what we did this weekend.

Well, I committed to transforming my body into a bodacious body using the Beachbody system, mainly P90X.  That was Friday.

Saturday....yardwork and starting to decorate the outside for the Harvest party.

Riley changing lightbulbs



















After mowing and some maintenance Cole and Jackie went to get the straw bales.  They are great, but they do leave a mess behind.  The bales--not the kids--well, on second thought, they do to sometimes.
Jackie sweeping out the car

Trying to vacuum it out now


Circled around the campfire


Waiting to get decorated
Starting to get decorated
We were able to get to the pumpkin patch today to start picking up some decorating items.  I couldn't help but come home and start the process.
For the adult dessert table  (a work in progress)
The mantel
Friday night I picked up my newest acquisition.  A three pot slow cooker from GE.  Between couponing this morning and the pumpkin patch I was able to throw in a vegan "unbeef" stew, a apple spice dump cake, and a beef stew.  It made the rest of the days projects sooo much easier.  I think I am in love.
 beef stew for some of the omnivores in the family
Why does it seem like there was so much work put into these projects than shows up in pictures?  I think I will have to start taking step-by-step photos.

Tomorrow is still in the planning stages, but I know there is a P90X workout and a dentist appointment waiting for me tomorrow.  Yikes.  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. I started decorating for Halloween the 2nd weekend in September. I love it. at our new home we have from 700-1500 kids and adults. We usually have around 50 at our costume party, but its main purpose is to make the night better for all the trick or treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I am not sure what we are doing for Halloween this time around. Our harvest party is Saturday. We are now starting to concentrate on all the food. Riley made haystacks with Grayson this morning. On the menu, BBQ sandwiches, cheesy corn, apples and dip, plus spinach artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip and a corn dip all in the crocks pictured. Then there are two different dessert tables--a kid friendly and an adult. I am sure I will post lots of pics of these things.

    Send me any great ideas you have for Halloween decorating. I would love to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete