Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 97

I know it was Monday, but for some reason today had me and everyone else in the house moving.  I had a plan of attack and it was carried out.  The to-do list got done, well, most of it at least.  The important stuff.

I have been trying to deep clean the kitchen little by little.  Today's task...the cabinets.  Just the tops and fronts.  Cleaning them out comes tomorrow.  I had to enlist some help from my sister and daughter, because it was really a two person job.  They got the gross, but probably very satisfying job of cleaning the tops of the cabinets.  There was glitter and poinsettia leaves from Christmas pasts, a few spider webs, an elusive bug and lots of dust.  Red dust from many days of making Raspberry Ice Crystal Light. White/Gray dust from who knows what.  And the biggest pain of all, the layers of dust trapped in the cooking oils right above the stove and microwave.  Yuck!
But it is done now.  Thank you teammates.  I literally couldn't have done it without you.

We had another attack today, too.  It could have been fatal.  Aussie almost ate Riley's hamster.  He has been eyeing her for days, but has never made the move.  Until today that is.  With speed I didn't think he had, that hamster was in his mouth.  He dropped it immediately following the very girlie screams that erupted from Riley and me.  And although Aussie is usually guilt ridden about anything that he might have almost done wrong, today,  he almost looked proud of himself.  If not proud, definitely not sorry.

I am off to do a preventative attack now.  I creating a crockpot breakfast meal, so that no one starts their day on a bad note.  With fall in the air, and about a cup of leftover pumpkin in the fridge, I am creating my salute to autumn mornings--Pumpkin applesauce oatmeal. If it turns out well, I will post the recipe. If not, maybe I will post someone else's recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment