Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 98 or an episode of hoarders

Wow-I thought writing everyday was going to be a breeze. But I hit my first obstacle.  It wasn't writer's block.  It wasn't a power outage.  It was being overwhelmed.  By what you may ask....a pic is worth a thousand words they say.  So here it goes...
Now, in her defense, I am the one that emptied three of the four drawers.  It truly was the only way to see into them.  I could hardly open a couple of the drawers as the clothes had somehow miraculously inflated themselves and took over every millimeter of available space and then some. After emptying them out and realizing more than half of them should be hung up, I assumed that there was just no room in the closet.  One side was pretty full, but the other side....



Well, I guess you can see how I spent some of my afternoon.  I helped with some of it, but then left my non-OCD child to finish up the task.  Who knows, you might even get an after pic tomorrow.  I can always pray that there is enough of a difference to warrant an after picture.

Since I started today's blog off on a sour note, I want to change the tone and give you what I am going to call a "Blog Bite".  This is a simple recipe or idea that may help you get through the holidays without breaking the bank or taking too much time.

Today's "Blog Bite" is a gift in a jar recipe I found at Organized Christmas.  It is for Cranberry Hootycreeks cookies. I think this is a great gift idea for hostesses, neighbors and folks who love to bake, but don't really have the time or tools to do it.  Enjoy.


Cranberry Hootycreeks Cookies In A Jar

Description

Cranberry Hootycreeks in a JarPretty, festive and easy to make, Cranberry Hootycreeks make a welcome holiday cookie-in-a-jar gift.
Dried cranberries and white chocolate chips give a seasonal spin to these chunky oatmeal cookies.
To make, you'll layer flour mix with oats, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and chopped nuts for a pretty jar gift; we make it easy with a free printable gift tag!

Ingredients

1/8cupflour, all-purpose
1/2teaspoonbaking soda
1/2teaspoonsalt
1/2cuprolled oats, uncooked
1/3cupgranulated sugar
1/3cupbrown sugar, packed
1cupdried cranberries
1/2cupwhite chocolate baking chips
1/2cupwalnuts or pecans, chopped

Instructions

Sift flour before measuring.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
Layer 1/2 the flour mixture in the bottom of a 1-quart canning jar, then add oats to the jar. Continue layering the remaining ingredients: flour mixture, granulated sugar, brown sugar (tamp tightly), dried cranberries, white chocolate baking chips, and chopped nuts.
Seal the jar, print and attach a free printable gift tag.

Notes

Alternately, create your own gift tag with the recipe instructions below:
Cranberry Hootycreeks
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup 
softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla 
until fluffy. Add contents of jar, and mix until 
well blended.

Drop rounded tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until 
edges start to brown.
Cool on wire rack. 

Makes 18-24 cookies.


2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. I needed gift idea for garden club...this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am so glad that you like it. I have some other gift ideas coming so keep checking in.

    ReplyDelete